Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME position. Schedule To Be Determined. It begins UPon Hire and is expected to run through August of 2018.
The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
UW Continuum College (UWC) expands the reach of the University of Washington with programs like UW Professional & Continuing Education, International & English Language Programs, Summer Youth and the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the UW that meet the needs of various learners at all phases of their lives. We're focused on removing obstacles to relevant educational opportunities by addressing geographic, financial, length of commitment, and time constraints, increasing access to knowledge for more people. By looking ahead and experimenting with new approaches, we're creating new educational opportunities to help people thrive in a world of change.
UWC has an outstanding opportunity for a TEMPORARY Email and Digital Marketing Specialist within their Marketing and Enrollment Services team. This position works in the Marketing group and is responsible for all email and digital channels for UW Continuum College.
RESPONSIBILITIES: - Creates and sends email marketing communications through the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Manages and updates email communications calendar
- Hosts bi-weekly email marketing meeting to involve stakeholders in email planning
- Plans and executes all organic social media marketing campaigns
- Responsible for measuring performance and analytics of email, SEM and social marketing channels
- Reports on metrics above to the appropriate channels
- Organizational resource for best email and social media marketing practices
- Understands key electronic communications legislation, including CAN-SPAM and CASL laws
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or a related field. - A minimum of 1 year experience in email marketing - Experience in project management skills with the ability to handle trafficking and execution of multiple projects - Must have exceptional attention to detail and excellent communication skills - Experience managing email programs with high levels of email segmentation - Experience working with a larger email service provider, Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred - Experience with customer relationship management tools, Salesforce CRM preferred - Knowledge of key email fundamentals including copywriting best practices, CAN-SPAM compliance, deliverability, spam complaint rates, A/B split testing - General understanding of HTML coding/email assets and the ability to troubleshoot with last-minute changes - Experience in social media marketing
Application Process: The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select Apply to this position. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your My Jobs page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification will be required prior to hire.
Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest public institutions in the west coast and one of the preeminent research universities in the world. The University of Washington is a multi-campus university comprised of three different campuses: Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell. The Seattle campus is made up of sixteen schools and colleges that serve students ranging from an undergra...duate level to a doctoral level. The university is home to world-class libraries, arts, music, drama, and sports, as well as the highest quality medical care in Washington State and a world-class academic medical center. The teaching and research of the University’s many professional schools provide undergraduate and graduate students the education necessary toward achieving an excellence that will serve the state, the region, and the nation. As part of a large and diverse community, the University of Washington serves more students than any other institution in the Northwest.