Join Madison Square Park Conservancy, the non-profit organization that operates and programs historic, 6.2 acre Madison Square Park, a premier public green space and cultural hub in New York City.
The Conservancy seeks a full-time Marketing and Communications Manager to support the department in the implementation of outreach strategies encompassing all aspects of the Conservancy’s events, programmatic, development, and sponsorship needs. This position will report to the Conservancy’s Executive Director.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will assist in the following areas:
• Develop and implement multi-channel communications plan and calendar
• Plan, write and edit content across digital and print channels
• Collaborate and consult on all Conservancy graphic design needs
• Manage WordPress based website
• Develop and execute strategies to increase audience engagement and conversions
• Build and foster community across all communications channels
• Support PR Firm with any needs including on-site press management, scheduling, and press requests
• Draft Press Releases
• Manage direct report
We're looking for:
• BA in relevant fields or equivalent work experience
• Two to four years experience working in a marketing or communications capacity at a nonprofit organization
• Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
• Fluency with digital communications and current trends
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and thoroughness
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and WordPress
• A creative eye
• A team player who enjoys collaboration
• First-rate interpersonal skills
The Madison Square Park Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Additional Salary Information: MSPC offers competitive benefits including health insurance, dental, and 401K
About Madison Square Park Conservancy
Our mission is to protect, nurture, and enhance Madison Square Park, a dynamic seven-acre public green space, creating an environment that fosters moments of inspiration.
As stewards, we strive to engage the community through our beautiful gardens, inviting amenities, and world-class programming.
We believe that in an urban setting everyone deserves access to a park that allows for recreation, respite, and reflection.