Fast paced, Rockville, MD-based insurance/healthcare industry trade association seeks energetic and personable individual with strong organization and communication (written & oral) skills; proficient in MS Office; proficient in AMS database (entry and reporting); superior customer service skills; strong attention to detail; able to multi-task with ease. Position is responsible for the coordination and administration of all membership services (recruitment and retention) and supports communications and marketing department projects as assigned.
THIS IS MID LEVEL POSITION FOR CANDIDATES WITH 3-5 YEARS EXPERIENCE. THE PRIMARY FOCUS IS MEMBERSHIP/MEMBER RELATIONS - MARKETING IS RELATED TO MEMBERSHIP FUNCTIONS.
The position supports the Association’s Membership and Business Development department in its ongoing recordkeeping and customer service activities, including member recruitment, renewals and prospecting. This individual plays a critical role in enhancing the member experience through effective communications, high-touch customer service and maintaining accurate member records and reports. Provides administrative support to the Marketing and Communications department through coordination of advertising (print and online), including invoicing, tracking ad placements, and receivables. Additionally, the incumbent will assist the organization’s Operations team which has responsibility for ensuring that the full range of administrative and operations needs are met, including supporting senior leadership on an as-needed basis. This role offers a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual interested in taking on new challenges and proactively contributing to the overall goals of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Point person for all database updates (members, affiliate partners, stakeholders, etc.)
· Provides general customer service for the Association.
· Assist with all aspects of the membership database, including data entry of member and stakeholder records; processing payments and managing collections.
· Responsible for all data entry of new prospective members. Regularly canvas publications, lists and web sites for new member or affiliate/vendor prospects.
· Process all new membership applications and prepares membership renewals, thank-you letters, and certificates.
· Point person for Medical Liability Conference exhibit sales and communications, as well as onsite exhibit coordination.
· Provide ongoing updates to the membership website pages and secures banner ads for their website placement.
· Compile all member visit and prospect kits.
· Respond to membership retention and recruitment correspondence and calls.
· Assists Marketing and Communications department with administrative issues related to publications and advertising (print and online).
· Field incoming calls and provide introductory information on advertising products/rates.
· Prepare and send media kits as necessary.
· Prepare and send advertising invoices and make collections calls as necessary.
· Coordinate with Marketing and Communications department on membership campaigns and promotions.
· Conduct member association and MPL industry research to support prospecting of new members and affiliates.
· Update and proof all listings in the online membership directory and industry services guide.
· Provide general administrative office support including but not limited to answering main phone line, greeting guests, keeping the common areas tidy, and other support on an as-assigned basis.
· Assist all departments, as needed, with special projects.
· Perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree required.
3-5 years related experience working in field of membership management, client services or non-profit/association industry.
Exceptional attention to detail.
Must have the ability to foster member relations and quality assurance through superior customer service skills.
Solid communication skills, oral, written and listening.
Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with prospects, members, volunteers and community stakeholders.
Demonstrated organization and time management skills, and experience keeping multiple tasks/priorities on deadline with high degree of quality and accuracy.
Proactively manage assigned tasks and track status and meet deadlines
Ability to learn quickly on new systems and take an interest in the MPL industry..
Comfortable conducting online research.
Strong judgement and problem-solving skills, and the ability to think independently and take initiative with light supervision.
Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software a plus – iMIS preferred.
Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).