JOB TITLE: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Chief Executive Officer
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator works alongside the Chief Development Officer in implementing the strategic communications plan of Housing Options: generating awareness for agency programs, conveying the importance of support for persons living with Mental Illness and celebrating the positive outcomes and achievements of all agency programming.
The Marketing Communications Coordinator is responsible for creating marketing and communications content for Housing Options both internally and externally and assists in coordinating campaigns across Housing Options footprint. This includes social media content, internal communications and marketing campaigns, as well as email newsletters and website content.
The Coordinator will continually research creative methods to deliver key messages through a variety of marketing channels. This position is ideal for a self-starter who desires to learn and grow in the ever-changing field of marketing.
- Act as a gatekeeper of the agency’s brand, ensuring proper use in all advertising,
promotions, publications (internal and external), marketing, social media, and any other
environment in which the brand appears.
- Manage deadlines, projects and assignments in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Create web and social media content that maximizes engagement and supports campaigns
- Assist in creating and implementing marketing strategies and related communications plan
- Monitor and create reports on the success or areas of improvement for campaigns
- Research behavioral health related topics, new marketing tools and prepare documentation
- Assist with all details of the marketing process and workflow
- Ensure marketing activities are internally transparent and continue to meet business needs
- Work with internal staff and as external agencies (marketing agencies, freelancers, and others)
All Housing Options staff are expected to advise their supervisor or the Chief Executive Officer promptly of any problem that could cause adverse publicity or an embarrassment to Housing Options. All Housing Options staff are expected to work courteously and respectfully with all other employees, board members, volunteers, residents, and others with whom they come in contact in the course of their employment. All staff must be willing and able to work evenings as required by activities, events or job responsibilities.
- Develops newsletters, fact sheets and other agency collateral
- Maintains website content and image updates through web content management system (e.g., WordPress)
- Supports and maintains all social media outlets
- Assist in conceptualizing, planning, and executing special events, particularly media opportunities
- Provides hands-on support of off-site media and public relations events
- Assist in the development/management of the agency’s overall communications calendar
- Oversee annual ordering of promotional items that adhere to the agency’s brand standards and remain within departmental budgets
- Manage the check-out process for branded agency materials and assist in reviewing public-facing items to ensure adherence to brand standards
- Other duties as assigned
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Daily work in the Evanston office with routine travel to offsite locations and special events. Occasional late evenings and weekends
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Assist in increasing social presence by 15% in first fiscal year
- Assist in increasing newsletter readership by 20%
- Additional performance metrics as identified to execute organizational marketing plans