The University of Utah Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking an independent, creative and self-motivated individual for the position of Creative Marketing Manager. The Athletics Graphic Designer will be a key stakeholder in supporting the creative needs of Utah Athletics and will be responsible for the visual brand of the Utes across traditional and digital platforms. This person will work closely with and support all areas of the external operations team, including marketing, ticketing and communications to enhance revenue streams, and achieve the goals of the department.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN20635B - 00327 - Athletics Department
COMPENSATION: $31,600 to $58,400
WORK SCHEDULE: Full time, days.
- Strategically develop visual assets to support and enhance sales campaigns and organizational branding
- Work in partnership with marketing to create engaging digital assets to drive ticket sales and enhance the brand
- Create printed advertisements, posters, schedule cards, publications, solicitations, ads, logos, signage, web ads, emails, digital boards, etc.
- Support the graphics needs of internal stakeholders through the creation of social media content, advertising materials, and other creative collateral, ensuring all content is on brand and on message
- Schedule, coordinate and art direct all photoshoot
- Manage multiple projects concurrently, working within budget and scheduling requirements
- Develop creative, forward thinking, sport industry trend graphics packages
- Ability to have united, cohesive brand look
- Recruit and oversee graphic design interns/internship program
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Illustration, or a related area, or equivalency; three years of professional studio experience and a portfolio at the time of the interview; demonstrated effective communication skills; the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and a commitment to provide excellent customer service required. The incumbent must be familiar with Macintosh, Aldus Freehand, Adobe Photoshop and Quark XPress software programs.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE THROUGH THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH SYSTEM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 553,581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Internal Number: PRN20635
About University of Utah
The state’s oldest and largest institution of higher education, the University of Utah is the flagship university of the state. The University offers more than 100 undergraduate and 90 graduate degree programs to more than 31,000 students (23,500 undergraduate and 7,500 graduate). The University is noted for its high research profile, its diversity of ideas and people, its stunningly beautiful setting and the warmth, friendliness, and collegiality of its faculty staff, and students.
The mission of the University of Utah is to create a learning environment that fosters discovery, refinement, and wide dissemination of knowledge. By integrating outstanding teaching, cutting-edge research, creative scholarship, and community involvement, the University investigates significant issues affecting and advancing the human condition, while preparing its students for important roles within a diverse and ever-changing society.