The New York Red Bulls are one of 24 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). RBNY, one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, have competed in the league since its founding in 1996. The Red Bulls play home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. RBA, a state-of-the-art 25,000-seat stadium, is widely regarded as the top soccer-specific stadium in North America. The club is owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation's premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
YOUTH PROGRAMS INFORMATION:
The Red Bulls Youth Programs is a multi-layered system that provides professional support at all levels of the game. Each level of the player development pyramid has been structured to provide extensive support to players, coaches and youth soccer organizations. Within the local community, programs are offered for players of all ages and abilities. For players with outstanding ability, there is an opportunity to progress to the academy level, USL Pro, and ultimately to the Red Bulls First Team.
The Youth Programs Marketing Coordinator will be directly responsible for coordinating all Youth Programs marketing efforts. This will include creating and managing e-mail and social media campaigns, conducting marketing research, managing marketing material assets, website management and during peak seasons providing customer service support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Required to perform the job)
• Marketing Material: Create and support youth program marketing plans and strategies by forecasting asset needs, setting campaign objectives, planning and organizing promotional materials and organizing campaign calendars.Maintain a directory and inventory of sales support materials, ensuring all resources are current and accurate and coordinate the creation of new materials as needed.
• E-mail Campaigns:Manage the youth programs e-mail marketing strategy including content creation, content calendars and reviewing analytic results
• Social Media: Maintain department social media pages and profiles, work with communication team to help build and execute the youth social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
• Website Management:Manage, update and develop content for redbullsacademy.com
• Market Research: Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success, campaign results and youth consumer trends.
• Customer Service: Provide support to the Client Service Representatives team as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
• Past work experience as a marketing coordinator or similar role
• Website development
• Managing and creating e-mail campaigns
• Youth sports industry program marketing (preferred not required)
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
• Working knowledge of HTML and design and email software
• Exceptional analytical, planning and project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Team player in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer skills required
• Proficient in Adobe Photo Shop, InDesign, and Illustrator preferred
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to
reflect the business needs of the company.
Red Bull New York is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.
About New York Red Bulls
The New York Red Bulls Youth Programs are the grassroots player development and training system for New York Red Bulls professional soccer team. Operating as RBNY Academy the player development structure is used to provide soccer training to young players in the local communities, support club development and to scout and develop talented youth players. The overall youth player development set up comprises a reserve team, academy teams, regional development schools, and grassroots youth training programs. The grassroots training programs are the foundation of our youth developmental pyramid and provide seasonal training programs and summer camps to over 40,000 players each year. Within our grassroots programs we employee over 100 coaches annually who work with players ages 5 to 16 years.