1) Develop and implement a search marketing strategy that will further increase online awareness of Chicago Booth as an elite global business school.
2) Assess both paid search/SEM and SEO performance; make recommendations on how to enhance the siteâ™s performance and continually optimize campaigns.
3) Amplify share of voice globally across the search landscape while fully integrating SEM among various other marketing tactics, communications, and event programming disciplines.
4) Increase website traffic and leads through paid and organic search.
5) Lead search meetings with partners to discuss reporting, best practices, and opportunities.
6) Develop search engine optimization strategies for Chicago Boothâ™s website.
7) Conduct keyword research and competitive analysis to understand opportunities and gaps.
8) Create on-page recommendations across the site (technical and semantic) and off-page recommendations, and implement those recommendations when applicable.
9) Recommend and implement technical SEO to lead to better crawling and indexing â“ such as XML Sitemaps, site speed alterations, structured data markup, etc.
10) Develop and execute an internal and external linking strategy, including documenting best practices.
11) Continually audit Chicago Boothâ™s website to optimize website, uncover opportunities and work with development team to execute recommendations.
12) Remain up-to-date on emerging SEO tactics.
13) Analyze SEO campaign performance and user behavior to make recommendations for further optimizations.
14) Analyze competitive data to drive search marketing and continually improve online presence.Â
15) Compile and present search reports (paid and organic) to partners and marketing department.
16) Work with an external paid search agency to ensure execution of global PPC strategies that increase leads and drive traffic.
1) Demonstrated experience using Google Search Console and Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics.
3) Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
4) Advanced Excel skills with reporting (Dashboard, Pivot, Vlookup, filters, validations and other useful functions).
5) Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as organizational skills.
6) Deep knowledge of SEO best practices including tactics, keyword analysis, title and meta-tag coding, link building, domain issues, page analysis, site redirection, dynamic site indexing, and general troubleshooting.
7) Understanding of how design and development can impact SEO, and can clearly articulate the importance of SEO functionality.
8) Analyze SEO and SEM reports in order to provide insights into campaigns based on the data.
9) Think outside of the box and generate new ideas.
10) Work independently with little supervision; possess a self-motivated disposition; identify opportunities for improvement and recommend effective changes, all while achieving key objectives resulting in desired outcomes.
11) Demonstrated ability to work effectively and diplomatically with colleagues, as well as with students, faculty and corporate contacts in a multitude of communication methods i.e., in person, email, phone.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Business or any quantitate or analytical related degree.
1) A minimum five years of SEO manager, PPC ads managing experience, and experience and interest in search and digital marketing.
2) Experience with conversion rate optimization, online user behavior, A/B & multivariate testing.Â
3) Experience conducting a search engine optimization (SEO) audit.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08664
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.