The UChicago Professional Education is currently seeking qualified applicants for adjunct instructors to teach in our online Certificate program in Digital Marketing and Integrated Communication.
UChicago Professional Education is currently accepting applications to teach the following courses:
- Inclusive Content Marketing Creation for Digital Platforms
- Inclusive Brand Marketing
- Diversity and Cultural Competence in Marketing
Those selected as adjunct instructors will be required to perform the following:
- Facilitate instruction according to syllabus requirements, including learning objectives, weekly topics, readings, and lesson plans for class content (lectures, exercises/activities, and/or guest presentations).
- Develop and execute class content (lectures, exercises/activities, homework assignments and projects).
- Develop assignments and grading rubrics, must minimally include assessment materials such as weekly assignments, mid-term, final assignment, and course participation.
-Provide assessment for all assignments and activities, feedback comments, and grades to students via Canvas course site in weekly manner.
-Use Canvas, our virtual learning environment, for course management, content delivery and communication with students.
- Use Zoom, our Web-conferencing platform to conduct weekly synchronous sessions, including content delivery, and virtual class activities.
- Be able to effectively organize and conduct all synchronous sessions through Zoom either in the evening on Wednesday or Thursday, or Saturday morning depending on course schedule and be able to meet the demands of the specific course format.
- Adjunct instructors are expected to make themselves available at least 1-2 hours per week outside of the virtual classroom environment to allow for adequate communication with students.
-Be able to conduct one to two information sessions per year for prospect population on the course(s) taught.
-Fulfill administrative responsibilities related to course management such as Canvas management, mandatory training sessions, meetings, etc.
Candidates must have relevant experience in diversity and inclusion marketing, 10+ years in managerial roles.
Qualified applicants must have a graduate-level degree in Marketing or relevant field.
Candidates with prior teaching experience and/or relevant practical experience are strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter indicating their preferred courses and describing relevant background, a curriculum vitae or resume, and the names of at least two professional references.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages diverse perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange. The University's Statements on Diversity are at https://provost.uchicago.edu/statements-diversity.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-1032 or email [email protected] with their request.
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.