Marketing Communications Specialist Full-Time Year 'round position - NEWLY CREATED POSITION, expanding department!
This position is responsible for providing written content for the schools' various communications including newsletters, website, and marketing materials. Additionally, this individual will produce videos, from concept and writing to shooting and editing the final product that tell the story of the Pembroke Hill experience. This individual must be creative, detailed-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects. The successful candidate will be a creative self-starter who possesses skills in writing, video production and photography.
Pembroke Hill School is committed to a culture that advances diversity, equity, and inclusion. We serve students from diverse backgrounds and seek to hire a diverse faculty and staff. This includes, but is not limited to, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, diverse ability, religion, spirituality, socioeconomic status and national identity. Applicants must be committed to and passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion to contribute to academic success with inclusive excellence. Our aspirations include fostering the development of a school community that cultivates cultural humility. We promote self-awareness, knowledge of cultural and intellectual diversity and a willingness to advocate for others.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Seek out photo and video opportunities that showcase creative and interesting activities as well as diverse images that will keep current and prospective families engaged in PHS.
• Produce videos, from concept and writing to shooting and editing the final product.
• Identify stories and content for school communications.
• Write content for newsletters, brochures, website, social media and the school magazine.
• Provide back-up to other members and support team duties of the Marketing Communications office. This can include photos, social media, website updates, newsletters, videos, media relations, etc.
• Some evening and weekend responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field.
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience in marketing with an emphasis on writing, photography, and video production. Prefer 3-5 years of experience.
• Strong writing skills as well as communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong video and photography skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and in team situations.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and problem solve effectively.
• Ability to interact with a variety of school constituents.
• Excellent written communications skills and proofing abilities. Knowledge of journalistic style, including AP style.
• Proven and excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and (re)prioritize ever-changing projects and priorities effectively.
• Strong skills in accuracy, proofreading, grammar, and spelling.
• Knowledge of video equipment and video production software.
The Pembroke Hill School is a private independent school with 100+ years of history located in a beautiful and historical area in Kansas City. We currently have approximately1,200 students from Early Years through grade 12 on two campuses within a mile of each other.
Pembroke Hill School has a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you would like to be considered for an employment opportunity, visit www.pembrokehill.org/about-us/employment and complete an online application.