POSITION SUMMARY: The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the sale of football and men’s basketball season tickets and single and group ticket packages to area businesses, individuals, and local organizations. This position will also assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic marketing plan for increased attendance, collaboration with student groups, alumni, donors, and sponsors with the end goal of creating an exciting game-day experience.
The candidate must be adept at both strategy and execution. Must also be a creative thinker who has a collaborative, proactive style, and is willing to try new initiatives.
- Assist with the sale of season tickets, partial ticket plans, and group tickets
- Assist with generating season ticket revenue through the development and implementation of strategic ticketing programs, promotions, and sales strategies
- Direct and activate email marketing elements
- Collaborate with the communications and video departments on social media efforts, videos, website, online streaming, and other special projects to enhance the Mercer Athletics brand
- Write Public Address Scripts and coordinate video boards at events with video boards
- Develop and maintain relationships across campus and implement initiatives to increase student attendance and engagement at athletic events while working closely with Student Affairs, Greek Life, Residence Life, and the Homecoming Committee
- Provide the highest level of customer service through inbound and outbound sales calls - Work closely with Ticket Operations, Marketing, Communications, Game Operations, and Sponsorship teams to execute season ticket retention programs
- Oversee, manage, and train a staff of student interns
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree, with one or more years of experience in sales, marketing, or communications. The candidate must have the ability to effectively work in a setting that includes technology, branding, design, promotion, and advertising.
Bachelor's degree required
1 to 2 years of experience in marketing, promotions, sales, or tickets sales in collegiate, professional, or minor league field
Strong technical, organizational, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills and creativity are required as well as the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and willingness to be a team player
Proactive and detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills
Proficient in MS Office
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong knowledge of social media means and effective uses
Ability to be flexible with work hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Ability to manage interns and student staff
2 to 3 years of experience in marketing, promotions, sales, or tickets sales in collegiate, professional, or minor league fields
Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Suite, HTML coding, and video production
Experience with Daktronics video boards
Strong working knowledge of the development of marketing plans and analysis of market data.