Director, International Student Recruitment and Marketing
Foothill-DeAnza Community College District
Location: Los Altos Hills, California
Internal Number: 2750525
Director, International Student Recruitment and Marketing
HR EMPLOYMENT/CAREERS Initial Review Date: 02/14/2022** **Any complete applications received after the review date will only be forwarded to the hiring committee at their request.
SALARY GRADE: A2/A3 - I
Full Salary Range: $117,184.10 - $164,889.80 annually*
*Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience (Customary Hiring Range $117,184.10 - $129,195.47 annually). In addition, candidates with verified educational units beyond the minimum qualification may qualify for additional pay, up to $564 per contract month.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the management position above.
Foothill - De Anza Community College District Mission Statement:
The mission of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District is student success. We are driven by an equity agenda and guided by core values of excellence, inclusion, and sustainability. Every member of our district contributes to a dynamic learning environment that fosters student engagement, equal opportunity, and innovation in meeting the various educational and career goals of our diverse students. We are committed to providing an accessible, quality undergraduate education dedicated to developing a broadly educated and socially responsible community that supports an equitable and just future for California.
Reporting to the Dean, International Education this position is responsible for creating and maintaining a joint branding platform internationally for 'Foothill and De Anza Colleges' which is the way we market the two campuses of the district overseas. Develop and implement international branding and marketing strategy, advertising, communications and promotional campaign management which ensure international enrollment growth, diversity, and an increasing non-resident revenue stream.
NATURE and SCOPE:
The Director will participate in planning and conducting intensive overseas student recruitment activities requiring 5-6 months per year of international travel involving complex itineraries, often in challenging environments; develop and implement international branding and marketing campaigns for the district; support the development and maintenance of a wide range of high-level external international relationships with entities such as the owners and directors of international and private high schools around the world, EducationUSA, U.S. ambassadors and consular officials around the world, foreign governments and corporations, and past and prospective students and their families; and, support the development and maintenance of relationships with and conduct on-going training for the owners and counselors of more than 400 educational advising partners or agents located in more than 50 countries.
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are typical but not limited to the following:
1. Working closely with the Dean of International Education and the Director, International Student Recruitment and Partner Relations, to develop and implement international branding and marketing campaigns for Foothill-De Anza Community College District (FHDA).
2. Design and create all international publications for print and electronic media; writes, edits, budgets and directs their placement or distribution.
3. Coordinate the presence of FHDA's International Programs on social media, and coordinate design and content for the individual campuses and FHDA's international web site.
4. Coordinate with International Student Programs at Foothill College and De Anza College to development branding and marketing activities.
5. Identify, develop and manage effective international marketing/branding channels, campaigns, and communication plans, which support the successful growth of international enrollment at the two colleges of FHDA.
6. Plan and conduct lengthy recruitment travel overseas multiple times each year for periods as long as a month at a time, in all parts of the world, and sometimes in areas which present very challenging and quickly-changing logistical and political environments.
7. Working closely with the Dean of International Education and the Director, International Student Recruitment and Partner Relationships and the Supervisor of International Student Programs, Foothill, develop and maintain relationships with external entities in the United States and abroad, which enhance FHDA's ability to attract quality international students such as parents and potential students, officials of U.S. and foreign governments, international organizations and educational institutions, and educational advising agencies.
8. Seek guidance from the Dean of International Education, Vice Presidents, College Presidents, the Vice Chancellor for Business Services and the Chancellor on complicated issues regarding college or district-wide issues, or institutional politics.
9. Work closely with the Dean of International Education, the Director, International Student Recruitment and Partner Relations, and the Supervisor of International Student Programs, Foothill to analyze and interpret trends in international education to set seasonal and long term recruitment goals, identify new sources of students, develop marketing and branding strategy, and to determine the assignment of recruitment activities to the individuals doing recruitment travel; information will be reviewed annually.
1. Strong knowledge of print, electronic and alternative media.
2. Good business practices.
3. International admissions.
4. Foreign educational systems, F-1 visa immigrations regulations, and Department of Homeland Security/SEVIS regulations, and other federal regulations relating to international students.
5. Information systems (i.e. Ellucian Banner and FSAatlas.)
Skills and Abilities:
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Writing for news and marketing; principles of journalism.
3. Printing, and graphic design.
4. Significant writing experience for marketing that demonstrates a strong ability to communicate in English and the ability to develop comprehensive marketing/branding campaigns. Professional writing and editing experience and extensive work with writers, photographers, graphic designers and printers.
5. Photography, video and desktop publishing experience.
6. Management of project from start to finish.
7. Experience with crisis management.
8. Strong intercultural and interpersonal communication skills: strong relationship management skills.
9. Extensive experience managing activities involving complex multi-cultural issues within large organizations.
10. Extensive experience planning and conducting complex international recruitment travel itineraries.
11. Highly independent and analytical in order to respond effectively both to changing and difficult circumstances that may arise while traveling, and to various kinds of business opportunities that might present themselves while abroad.
1. Bachelor's Degree in journalism, public relations, marketing or equivalent.
2. One (1) year leadership experience.
1. Master's Degree
2. Five (5) years related work experience with at least four (4) years doing extensive international recruitment in the higher education sector.
3. Fluency in multiple languages.
4. Experience living and working abroad.
1. Typical office environment.
2. Must be able to travel overseas independently for periods of up to one month at a time multiple times a year.
1. Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone and make presentations.
2. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
3. Vision sufficient to read various materials.
4. Sitting for extending periods of time.
5. Bending at the waist.
6. Lifting and carrying objects up to 50 lbs.
1. A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
2. A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
3. A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position: Position: Full-Time, Contract, 12-months per year
Starting date: As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Annual salary plus benefits; excellent benefits package which includes coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Foothill-De Anza serves the communities of Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Stanford, Sunnyvale, and portions of San Jose.For more than 50 years, Foothill-De Anza has demonstrated excellence and innovation in academic programs and student services. As one of the largest community college districts in the United States, Foothill-De Anza provides credit classes for about 64,000 students a year. The colleges are active members of the League for Innovation in the Community College, a national consortium of leading two-year institutions.