The Coordinator of Athletics Marketing and Promotions will serve as marketing and promotional activities lead for five (5) sports (women's basketball, men's and women's soccer, volleyball, and softball), while also assisting the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Promotions in all marketing and promotional activities for the remaining twelve sports sponsored by NKU.
Serve as lead for Norse Kids Club with a goal to increase memberships and revenue as well as retain current Norse Kids Club members. Additionally, this position is responsible for growing student attendance for athletic events, and will assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive ticket sales and operations plan that will generate revenue and attendance at athletic events.
Compliance with NCAA rules is of the utmost importance at Northern Kentucky University. As a member of the athletics department staff it is expected that the Coordinator of Athletics Marketing and Promotions will have a full understanding of the NCAA rules that pertain to the position. It is also expected that the Coordinator of Athletics Marketing and Promotions will comply with all NCAA rules and if he/she becomes aware, or have reasonable cause to believe, that a violation of a rule has occurred he/she will immediately report it to the Director of Athletics or his/her designee.
Primary Responsibilities :
1. Develop and implement a marketing and promotions plan for selected sports in the Department of Athletics. This plan will focus on various constituencies, including community supporters, corporate supporters, alumni, faculty, staff and students and will include women's basketball, men's and women's soccer, volleyball, and softball.
2. Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and promotions plan for men's basketball. This plan will focus on various constituencies, including community supporters, corporate supporters, alumni, faculty, staff and students.
3. Develop and implement a comprehensive advertising and promotional plan designed to increase ticket sales for women's basketball, men's and women's soccer and volleyball. Develop and monitor budget for implementation of the plan.
4. Create and market ticket promotions for women's basketball, men's and women's soccer and volleyball.
5. Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive advertising and promotional plan for men's basketball. Plan will focus on increasing season ticket, mini plan, group and individual game ticket sales.
6. Assist with the creation and marketing of ticket promotions for men's basketball.
7. Manage the planning and directing of event and game management activities for all NKU home athletic events including theme nights, special events, anthem performers, halftime acts, and giveaways. Direction of promotional activities at NKU home basketball events includes set-up, student worker placement, contestant selection, radio distribution, and other various activities pertaining to promotions.
8. Coordinate planning, writing, and editing scripts and game protocol for athletic events.
9. In conjunction with the Athletic Communications staff, coordinate social media accounts manage content and conduct engagement analysis for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, and Snapchat.
10. Plan, design, and coordinate production of print materials, including but not limited to posters, schedule cards, brochures, and flyers.
11. Manage the coordination and implementation of all aspects of NKU Kids' Club, including promotions, solicitation, sponsorships, and membership benefits and management.
12. In coordination with various student groups, including SAAC, fraternities and sororities, student organizations, etc, develop and implement a comprehensive plan to increase student attendance at home athletic events, with an emphasis on men's and women's basketball, men's and women's soccer, and women's volleyball.
13. Assist in conducting research and analyze data on an annual basis to develop promotional plans and revenue projections.
14. Provide game day support for current ticket buyers, including implementation and activation of group incentives.
15. Plan and coordinate various ticket holder events, such as season ticket holder pick-up event. Monitor expenses for each event to ensure total expenditures stay within allocated budget.
16. Manage an undergraduate internship program for marketing and promotional needs.
17. Communicate to the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Promotions through oral and written reports on the progress of attendance and revenue generation.
18. Build and strengthen Northern Kentucky University Athletics relationships with local school districts to promote special athletic events and Kids' Club membership. Additionally, coordinate special appearances and community outreach with the schools.
19. Direct and coordinate community outreach activities involving public appearances by NKU Athletic administrators, coaches, student-athletes, spirit squads, and the mascot to promote a positive public relations and information service regarding NKU Athletics.
20. Produce, plan, edit, and create content for the athletics website, NKUNorse.com and all complementary social media sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
21. Serve as an ambassador to solicit support for the Northern Kentucky University Athletics Department and University projects and priorities. Speak before various constituents and establish activities that will promote attendance at athletic events.
22. Provide a positive and professional presence in the community.
23. Serve on various University Committees as determined by the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Promotions.
24. Modify templates using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
Occasional Duties Performed:
1. Represent the University and Athletics as a speaker at local clubs, schools or organization events.
2. Assist in preparation and management of Horizon League and NCAA post-season events.
3. Travel to select road games based upon donor/alumni function(s) as well as post-season play as determined by the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Promotions.
Bachelor's degree in marketing, sport management or other related field of study
Three years of experience in athletic marketing, communications or public relations
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and some holidays
NKU is a growing metropolitan university of more than 14,000 students served by more than 2,000 faculty and staff on a thriving suburban campus near Cincinnati.
Located in the quiet suburb of Highland Heights, Kentucky—just seven miles southeast of Cincinnati—we have become a leader in Greater Cincinnati and Kentucky by providing a private school education for a fraction of the cost.
While we are one of the fastest growing universities in Kentucky, our professors still know our students' names.