Responsible for developing strategy and overseeing all internal and external communications, marketing and social media initiatives for the Lehigh 360 program and the Office of Creative Inquiry. The incumbent will ensure clear, coherent and consistent messaging and storytelling across various media platforms and liaise with internal and external partners to convey the overall ethos of Creative Inquiry and Lehigh 360. Getting stories produced and disseminated at a high-caliber level and on a regular basis is essential. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Develop and execute the marketing strategy for the Lehigh 360 initiative as it pilots and launches across campus *Execute a marketing strategy for effectively targeting students to participate *Produce and coordinate production of collateral material *Design and create content for recruiting materials *Work with Lehigh 360 Program Manager and leadership to determine needs *Design and write engaging copy for advertising campaigns as well as visibility initiatives *Supervise the development and distribution of program stories for external audiences
2. Develop and execute marketing for the Office of Creative Inquiry and all of its programs and initiatives *Design and create content for program recruiting materials and supervise distribution *Work with Creative Inquiry leadership to determine needs *Supervise the development and distribution of program stories for external audiences *Participate in advancement efforts; write yearly solicitation letters to constituents *Maintain and update web pages; optimize web site for SEO and organic searching
3. Plan and administer media strategy (social media and print/digital media) for the Office of Creative Inquiry and Lehigh 360 *Manage and provide content for the social media presence representing both Creative Inquiry and Lehigh 360 *Create content for Instagram and Facebook platforms and systematize the production and release of that content *Manage expansion to other social media platforms as appropriate *Keep current with best practices across various platforms and social communities and the emergence of new platforms
4. Plan, create content and implement communications for all Office of Creative Inquiry programs and Lehigh 360 *Work with Creative Inquiry leadership to ensure that communications plans and messaging are consistent with overall messaging for internal and external audiences *Design and implement a process for working with various partner offices on campus to ensure that all units are working in unison and leveraging the University’s resources *Write and produce high-quality editorial and video/multimedia content when needed *Review and edit communications from the office *Design, develop and distribute weekly e-newsletter from the Office of Creative Inquiry *Assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive communications plan for Creative Inquiry
5. Supervise the conception, production and distribution of stories about Office of Creative Inquiry and Lehigh 360 programs and activities *Design and produce annual magazine to promote and spotlight Creative Inquiry's programs and stories *Oversee distribution of magazine and work with University Communications and Public Affairs office to ensure appropriate internal and external distribution *Develop communications calendar in collaboration with University Communications to ensure internal and external media coverage of important Creative Inquiry stories
Position Number: S83870
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
Funding for position is only guaranteed for one year, though renewal is likely
This position is funded by soft dollars, there is no severance associated with this position
Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related degree; Master's degree preferred
Three to five years related work experience
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Excellent writing ability, attention to detail and organizational skills
Experience marketing to diverse audiences
Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
Ability to deliver creative content
Expertise in multiple social media platforms
Knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet and database software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Because of increasing COVID case counts in the region and new information about the characteristics of the Delta variant, all Lehigh faculty and staff will be required to be fully vaccinated unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.