· Manages, develops and implements the marketing and promotional strategy for Duke Women’s Basketball including student and community outreach, game day atmosphere and coordination of hospitality with Resource Acquisition.
· Must have a strong background in managing gameday atmosphere within the arena. Produces on-court/field, pre-game, half-time and post-game entertainment, presentations and music.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of single game promotions to increase revenues and attendance.
· Cultivates the development and implementation of season tickets, packages and single game promotions to increase revenue.
· Works with Women’s Basketball Chief of Staff to coordinates community outreach efforts to involve various groups throughout the area.
· Supports and assists outbound ticket sales team in the development and growth of group sales campaigns.
· Assists in the execution of corporate sponsorship contracts with third party rights holder.
· Oversees the placement of multimedia advertising for Duke Women’s Basketball.
· Works with Women’s Basketball Creative Director to conceptualizes the look each year and supervises the development of printed materials (i.e. posters, schedule cards, season ticket brochures, etc.).
· Assists in the promotion of events and ticket packages via social media.
· Assists training and managing student and volunteer staff.
· Oversee all emails sent out by the marketing department
· Will oversee the marketing efforts of 1-2 additional sports (specific sports assigned at later date) during the year
· Performs other duties as assigned.
BA/BS recommended with a minimum of two to three (2-3) years related experience at the collegiate or professional level suggested.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated experience in marketing or sales.
· Knowledge of ACC and NCAA rules and regulations as pertains to duties of position.
· Proficiency in computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe PhotoShop or InDesign or a similar program, the Internet and other relevant software.
· Proficiency with social media including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter & Instagram among others.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision while achieving established goals.
· Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
Duke University is located in Durham, North Carolina. Duke is a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference and sponsors 27 varsity sports, campus recreation and physical education and the Duke University Golf Course.