Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Palm Springs, California
Lake Mary, Florida
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, communications, alumni relations, relationship management, preferably in a higher education or alumni services environment, including 5+ years of managing creative professionals.
- Excellent omnichannel communication skills, creating a variety of target audience-centric communications materials and familiarity with brand/identity development, integrated communications programs, digital communications, and advanced writing skills to include composition, proofreading, and editing.
- Commitment to curating diverse and inclusive writing and design to reach a variety of audiences.
- Proficient with content management systems and website maintenance. Competence in tools, software, and technologies to effectively complete assignments and job tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, to succeed in influencing a collaborative environment. Flexible, open, and receptive to new information, ideas, and approaches. Seeks and acts upon performance feedback.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and juggle multiple demands in a complex and fast-paced work environment.
- Knowledge and implementation of best practices in data analytics utilizing current industry trends is preferred.
- Some evening and weekend work required; occasional travel.
But that's not all we're looking for; we want someone who embodies our values:
- Teamwork, transparency, and mutual respect, because we value every member's contributions and know that leadership can come from anywhere.
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and a commitment to ensuring that each of us knows we belong here.
- Integrity in how we work and how we treat one another.
- Strategic thinking and curiosity in the relentless pursuit of fresh approaches and measurable results.
- Continuous growth and improvement, both as individuals and as a team.
- Joy and shared appreciation for working hard toward goals that matter.
If this resonates with you and you want to help us in our ambitious next campaign--and maybe do some of your best work as an advancement professional-- we encourage you to apply. If you are hesitant to apply because you have not previously performed every responsibility listed in the description, but you do possess transferable skills and the defined qualifications, we still want to hear from you and welcome your application as well.
To learn more about Development & Alumni Relations at Boston University, and other job opportunities, please stop by the DAR Talent website: https://www.bu.edu/dar-talent/.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.