Senior Associate Athletic Director for Marketing and Fan Engagement
University of North Texas
Location: Denton, Texas
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
4 Year Degree
Internal Number: S5982P
Description UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Conference USA. North Texas’ athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with the North Texas Athletics. Provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student-athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and during competition.
Provide leadership for the marketing, digital strategy & fan experience to develop strategies for enhanced fan acquisition and engagement efforts to ultimately grow the Mean Green brand, drive increased ticket sales and create a premier fan experience.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, attention, and alignment for the Fan Experience , Marketing & Digital Strategy and Promotion.
- Develop and execute strategies designed to create a comprehensive customer acquisition and engagement cycle – including: 1) awareness and engagement, 2) sales, and 3) experience.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of the gameday and non-gameday fan experiences – including, but not limited to non-gameday digital and grassroots engagement strategies, gameday traditional and innovative fan experiences, and traditional or non-traditional engagement efforts for all athletic events.
- Provide leadership to the overall marketing strategy development, sales, and advertising of Mean Green Athletics, each of the 16 intercollegiate athletics programs, and other Mean Green associated events.
- Work in partnership with North Texas Athletics staff to manage inventory of current Learfield sponsorship elements. Enhance fan engagement strategies with an increased focus to add, update and enhance sponsorship activation.
- Execute well-planned marketing and engagement campaigns to sell tickets and build fan excitement. Including, but not limited to digital, traditional, and grassroots marketing strategies.
- Research, analyze, and execute new and creative marketing and fan experience strategies and tactics to advance North Texas’ efforts for the cutting edge of college sports.
- Uphold Mean Green Athletics branding guidelines and identity standards. Identify and utilize analytics to, when possible, measure outcomes and levels of success related to marketing communication timelines and success of strategies pursued.
- Provide leadership in community outreach efforts to promote marketing programs and the Mean Green Athletics brand to the Denton community, as well as the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Bachelor’s Degree in in related field and five years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
The University of North Texas System is a publicly funded institution with five locations in one of the nation’s 10 largest metro areas. Almost 10,000 faculty, staff and student workers are employed in the cities of Dallas, Denton and Fort Worth.Many employees are recognized scholars and teachers whose work supports student success, creates healthier communities and serves the needs of the North Texas region and beyond. Many are skilled staff whose contributions are in administration, maintenance and construction, food service, computer technology, and finance and accounting, among others.