Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
The temporary bilingual (English & Spanish) Web Content Coordinator will partner with the Mulitmedia Content Manager and the overall Cook for Your Life content team to support both the social media strategy and the web content strategy by updating, designing, posting and promoting informative and engaging content in both English and Spanish. This position is temporary, from April 15, 2023 through August 31, 2023.
- Translates, creates designs, creates hashtags and posts social media programming
- Interacts with other social media accounts and commenters
- Works with the team to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of social marketing tactics and strategy, and finding ways to pivot to improve efforts as necessary
- Shares social media creator trends and best practices with the team
- Identify and brainstorm new and relevant creator relationships and creative approaches to campaigns
- Builds cross-functional relationships across Fred Hutch with other social media, marketing, and communications team members
- Collaborates with internal teams to align on messaging, approvals, goal alignment, etc.
- Pulls analytics data for website, newsletters and social media and work with team to analyze.
- Programs weekly content on ENG & SPA homepage of website
- Update Spanish content on the website to ensure all English content is also presented in Spanish and that format, writing style and translation are accurate.
- Partner with content team to ensure website functionality and user experience are top notch
- Transcribe and tailor content for Spanish newsletter
- Serve as a translator for various content related to research projects, the website, etc.
- Contribute to the design of various research materials.
- Contribute to the design and content of website-related research projects and studies
- Actively participate in brainstorms and content strategy discussions related to the website, social media, and beyond.
- Work closely with the Multimedia Content Manager to develop and hone voice and visual style.
- Speaks and writes English and Spanish fluently
- Exceptional English and Spanish grammar and marketing writing skills, and ability to tailor each to specific channels, audiences
- 2-3 years' experience in communications, marketing or a related field
- Minimum of one year of experience in a digital media role
- Ability to work as part of a team of content contributors
- An understanding of social media strategy and trends
- Knowledge of social media platforms and analytics tracking tools
- Experience with WordPress or another CMS
- Design skills and experience with Canva or Adobe Express or similar platform
- Ability to evaluate content performance
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A passion for transforming lives and mission driven work
- Knowledge and comprehension of regional variations of Spanish
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement, with exceptions only for approved medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must, prior to their first day of employment: Provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ; ORInitiate the accommodations process to request a religious or medical accommodation (medical accommodations require a healthcare provider's certification).
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The hourly pay range for this position is from $24.96 to $35.53 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees access to a retirement savings plan, an employee assistance program, paid sick leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked), and prorated paid holidays (up to 11 days per year).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at [email protected]
or by calling 206-667-4700.