|Department: || |
The Marketing Department within UMBC’s Division of Communication & Marketing carries out functions related to strategic enrollment marketing, brand awareness, digital strategy and creative services. UMBC Marketing works in partnership with undergraduate and graduate admissions as well as departments across campus to promote the UMBC experience and attract students.
|Position Overview: || |
The Marketing Automation Manager will improve and manage marketing operational efficiencies through the use of marketing automation tools and practices in order to grow enrollment and impact university initiatives. The selected candidate will be responsible for design, technical implementation and analysis of solutions using the current university marketing automation platform and products (i.e., Marketing Cloud). The incumbent will develop strategic approaches and manage the day-to-day activities of running and adapting automated marketing campaigns. This position reports to the Director of Digital Strategy, and sits within a dynamic marketing and digital strategy team that utilizes cutting edge technology to attract, enroll and retain students to UMBC and its programs.
|Why Work at UMBC? || |
UMBC offers competitive compensation. This role starts at $74,000 and has over 4 weeks of vacation for regular full time roles. Tuition remission is also available.
What is it like to work at UMBC? Check out Glassdoor or Indeed. And read about our recent award, UMBC is a 2022 Great College to Work for…. In every category.
|Telework: || |
A hybrid telework schedule may be available.
|Responsibilities: || |
Specific responsibilities include:
- Define requirements and mapping features to new and current business processes. Implement technical solutions both independently and in collaboration with key partners when necessary.
- Analyze business needs across end user groups, implementing modifications to improve Marketing Cloud system performance, efficiency, internal business process and reporting. Make data-driven decisions to optimize user solutions.
- Create strategic plans to implement, develop and maintain tools in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and within an established budget. Work closely with the marketing team to understand and support all marketing campaigns in progress.
- Develop strategic approaches to lead scoring and analytics, and monitor campaign activity against established key performance indicators.
- Create SQL data extensions in Marketing Cloud as well as web form planning and building in Form Assembly. Design and build automated marketing communication flows, content templates and campaigns/journeys incorporating emails and text messaging (mobile connect).
- Drive and increase user adoption and ensure user satisfaction by identifying training gaps and system problems. Provide training, solutions and business unit configuration.
- Provide direct supervision of the Marketing Data Analyst.
|Required Minimum Qualifications: || |
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
- Three years of experience administering and supporting Salesforce Marketing Cloud or comparable marketing automation system
- Knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud
- SQL query writing expertise and database management skills
- Comfortable writing plain HTML/CSS
- Project management and collaboration skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while adhering to deadlines
- Knowledge of, and experience with, building reports and visualizing KPIs for analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
|Preferred Qualifications: || |
- Knowledge and best practices around web accessibility, WCAG/Section 508
- Responsive email design and expertise in testing creative across email clients with tools such as Litmus or Email on Acid
- A basic understanding of Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- A strong understanding of higher education market, including lead generation/nurturing, recruitment/admissions and enrollment management
- Marketing Cloud Administrator certification
- Salesforce Administrator certification
|Special Instructions to Applicants: || |
Upload a cover letter and a resume.
|Closing Date: ||Open Until Filled; for best consideration, please submit cover letter and resume by May 15, 2023. |
|Benefits: || |
UMBC offers a rich benefits package.
Regular and grant funded regular positions (Full benefits summary click here):
Generous Leave which includes accruing:
- 22 Days of Annual Leave
- 15 Days of Sick Leave
- 15 Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 8 credit hours per semester
- Tuition remission at UMBC for eligible dependents after two years of FT employment
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement plans (including the choice of joining the pension plan)
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness opportunities
- & Much more
Contingent II positions may include some benefits.
Benefits offered align with type (Regular, Contingent II, etc.) of position.
|Salary: ||Salary starts at $74,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. |
|Hours: ||Full-Time |
|Type: ||Regular |
|FLSA Status: ||Exempt |
| Equal Opportunity Statement: ||UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. |
|Title IX: ||As an institution that receives federal financial assistance, UMBC adheres to Title IX and does not discriminate on the basis of sex. For more information about Title IX and contact information for Title IX Coordinator click here. |
If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 410-455-2337 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
|Work Authorization: ||As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work. |