Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
University Communications and Marketing at Carnegie Mellon University is searching for an Associate Director, Admission Marketing, with proven marketing communications experience and an understanding of the undergraduate admission cycle to implement marketing and communications efforts to support recruitment, admission and enrollment. The division of University Communications and Marketing enhances the institution's global reputation and inspires audiences to choose Carnegie Mellon University. They cultivate the CMU Brand and tell the university's stories with a rich and authentic voice.
The Associate Director, will be responsible for collaborating with the undergraduate admission team, and will report to the Senior Director of Marketing inside UCM. They will run admissions marketing project implementation, strategy for building successful full funnel processes inclusive of digital, print and event marketing. This position supports integrated marketing strategies, plans and experiences to achieve admission goals. The Associate Director will ensure that these efforts align to the university brand to enhance the university's reputation by optimally communicating CMU's strengths and unique advantages to increase awareness, encourage engagement and inspire choice of Carnegie Mellon University with prospective undergraduate students, parents/families and related influencers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an effective planner, content strategist and project manager to prioritize effective and efficient workflow processes and influence marketing and communications efforts across channels including print, web, email, social media and other digital marketing platforms. The successful candidate will have strong communications skills with a curiosity about building strategic and analytic integrated marketing and communications skill sets while progressing multiple priorities and projects simultaneously in support of admission marketing strategies.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with admission and UCM team members on the implementation of integrated marketing and communications materials in support of recruitment strategies, initiatives and goals.
- Execute segmented and sequenced marketing communications plans that target all phases of the admission funnel for prospective students, parents/families and related influencers.
- Coordinate and draft SMS (text) and email communications based on strategy and implement in CRM (Slate)
- Manage and draft content for social, collaborating with campus partners (i.e. Student affairs, first-year orientation, HUB, the Center), admission team members and student ambassadors.
- Ensure objectives, budgets and timelines are on target with admission marketing efforts.
- Partner with the visit experience team to provide a best-in-class CMU experience to the prospective student/parent/family and related influencer audiences.
- Collaborate with UCM team on creative - print and digital - development and implementation
You should demonstrate:
- Ability to adjust priorities and implement projects against identified objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, editing, active listening, presentation communication, organizational, problem-solving and reasoning skills.
- Experience with integrated marketing implementation, particularly with written communication, across platforms and channels using audience insights and performance metrics to measure success
- Proficient knowledge of digital platforms and tools including but not limited to social media, websites, emails, SMS, CRMs like Slate, CMSs, project management tools.
- Ability to take direction and work independently with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with staff, students and faculty from all levels of the university.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong partnerships with internal constituents to achieve shared goals.
- Ability to build relationships with a diverse group of people.
Adaptability, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within University Communications and Marketing. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of diverse audiences. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Bachelor's in business management, marketing, communications or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience
- Experience in higher education and admission recruitment processes preferred.
- Successful background check.
- Must be able to travel to on- and off- campus locations as requested; evening and weekend hours may be required.
Interested in this exciting opportunity? Apply today!
CMU's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university's current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Staff - Regular
Full Time/Part time
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance