Date: August 25, 2022 Supervisor: Assoc. AD of Marketing & Fan Experience
The Associate Director of Digital Marketing will help lead the way for Tennessee Athletics' digital marketing and web strategy. Goals will be to promote attendance, generate revenue, and tell the story of the fan experience to all of Vol Nation. This position will coordinate digital marketing efforts using the official Tennessee Athletic web sites (UTSports.com/AllVols.com), digital/social advertising, and email marketing & automation. As well as work with a variety of units to include Fan Experience, Ticket Sales, Tennessee Fund, 151 Creative, VFL Films and Communications to cohesively communicate with the fan base. Maintain knowledge of current national trends and future trends to ensure the digital marketing and web efforts in athletics is operating at a high level. Proactively identify areas for digital marketing improvement. Lead student intern staff to further expand Tennessee's digital marketing and web content. Other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage all aspects of all digital marketing/advertising campaigns including strategy, audience, campaign planning, implementation and analysis.
* Collaborate with Communications, Fan Experience, Ticket Sales/Operations, The Tennessee Fund and The Vol Network to ensure alignment of communication. Work with 151 Creative and VFL Films to curate content for use on athletics emails, official athletics website, and digital campaigns that invites readers to take action.
* Ensure execution of marketing automation within email marketing tool, including follow-up campaigns.
* Work with Director of Development, Strategy & Analytics to create leads and grow databases by way of lead generation, display, re-targeting and social media strategies.
* Develop content and communication strategy for the Tennessee Athletics mobile app to drive downloads, deliver relevant information, and enhance the game day experience.
* Oversee the management of Tennessee Athletics website through the SIDEARM content management system and other micro websites. Update select content on UTSports.com and AllVols.com
* Ability to think creatively to optimize web strategy and develop innovative digital media information strategies to increase engagement with fans on a national level.
* Train and support paid-intern(s) for daily updates, page edits to UTSports.com and AllVols.com. Train and support other Athletics Department staff on the use of UTSports.com, AllVols.com.
Our primary mission is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world. As the preeminent research-based, land-grant university in the state, UT embodies the spirit of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and engagement attained by the nation’s finest public research institutions.