Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
The Donor Marketing Coordinator serves as part of the Experience & Engagement team within the Philanthropy department and will support Fred Hutch's fundraising efforts by helping coordinate, plan, and implement marketing initiatives that engage current donor and prospective audiences, align with department priorities, and increase brand awareness and fundraising. The Experience & Engagement program is responsible for broad-based donor acquisition, communications, cultivation, stewardship, and events for Fred Hutch supporters and prospects. The Donor Marketing Coordinator reports to the Director of Donor Marketing and works with Philanthropy leaders and staff to coordinate and support marketing strategies, plans, and collateral for planned giving, peer-to-peer programs such as Obliteride, direct response, acquisition, stewardship, and events. Donor marketing activities include digital and traditional advertising, social media, videos, emails, print material, and web content.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to support donor marketing efforts focusing on engaging and inspiring support for Fred Hutch.
- Provides support for donor marketing activities for Planned Giving and Fred Hutch's portfolio of peer-to-peer fundraising events, particularly Obliteride, by:
- Working with agency partners to coordinate the collection of creative assets, route collateral for reviews, and ensure campaigns launch in accordance with established marketing calendars
- Coordinating campaign performance reports for paid media
- Supporting content strategy and creation for Obliteride social media channels
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings with internal and external stakeholders, including the delivery of advanced materials and agendas, and documenting meeting actions and decisions
- Coordinates Philanthropy's video plans and assets across teams, including:
- Coordinating and/or editing in-house videos, including monitoring for adherence to video brand standards; coordinating production teams' plans, site visits, and video shoots; and coordinating video posting, cross-channel promotion and repurposing of video content.
- Maintaining systems for organizing, updating and archiving documents and information, including developing and implementing a central tracker of established video production partners; coordinating use and storage of release forms; socializing newly created videos with the department; and collaborating with interdepartmental teams and Marketing & Communications to use in-house video asset management system to archive video files.
- Monitoring performance metrics and providing recommendations to improve performance.
- Maintains department-wide donor marketing calendar highlighting events, direct response, planned giving, and cause-marketing campaigns that are in market throughout the year.
- Supports marketing of emerging platforms aimed at diversifying our base of supporters and participants.
- Collaborates with Email Specialist and Director of Donor Marketing to establish monthly performance reports and provide recommendations on how to adjust email and audience strategies to improve performance.
- Actively partners with the Marketing & Communications team and Director of Donor Marketing to ensure donor messaging and visual assets are aligned with overall Fred Hutch brand standards.
- Collaborates with Marketing & Communications social media team and Director of Donor Marketing to coordinate socialization of key organization-wide announcements, ensuring they are shared on Philanthropy owned social channels (Obliteride and Innovators Network).
- Minimum of three years of experience in nonprofit development, marketing or related field required
- Exceptional customer service and project management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail and high quality of work
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Highly developed organization and information management skills
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics or other related marketing analytics tools
- Ability to build relationships in a diverse community and work in a team environment within a complex organization with a wide range of constituencies
- Ability to work under the direction of others and perform special projects as assigned, requesting clarification when needed
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment; ability to professionally triage and trouble shoot while using independent judgment
- Progressively complex administrative and project coordination experience in marketing or related field
- Experience working with design and video tools such as Canva, Adobe Creative suite (Premier Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) strongly preferred
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google suites
- Experience with project management software, such as Asana and Smartsheet
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement, with exceptions only for approved medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must, prior to their first day of employment:
Provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ; ORInitiate the accommodations process to request a religious or medical accommodation (medical accommodations require a healthcare provider's certification).
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The annual base salary range for this position is from $67,445 to $101,167, and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications. Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at [email protected]
or by calling 206-667-4700.